Auto Font Size / Alignment for Labels?

Jack Ling fly2moon2 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 15 00:57:14 EST 2005

Hi all,

After you experts gave me advice so that my map could show the label
for the map (ie. oads/buildings etc.), I've been struggling to get the
display right for me.

- 1st, the labels include things such as Street names, Street No,
Building Names etc. I would like the Street Nos to be smaller in font
size, while Building Names be bigger. However, since so far I put a
finite SIZE (e.g SIZE 14) for the Label layer, all labels have the
same font size. My DGN file only have one attribute named "TEXT" which
is utiltized as Label annotation. I don't how to have the Font Size of
various elements be displayed proportionally.? Anything auto adjusted?

-also, the labels are aligned horizontally. I should expect the Labels
be aligned properly with the feature. e.g. align along the road
direction, building direction etc.

- I have perfect display of the maps if I were to open the DXF format
version from AutoCad. But seems I can't use DXF as MapServer doesn't
support it? That pushes me to ask from my source for a DGN format
version of the maps. Now, with the DGN version, I've the
above-mentioned probelms....Furthermore, I don't have Microstation to
edit a DGN file. I have AutoCad to edit the maps (turn on / off
layers), but seems no way I can closely work with MapServer...? Any
change I can use AutoCad to do some thing for me?

Thanks again.
jack ling