how to display muliple lableitems in a circle(polygon layer)

E Witteveen eywitteveen at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 15 04:42:15 EST 2005

Steve Lime wrote:
> Is the polygon halves of the circle or what? If not, then MapServer cannot cut the
> circle in half for you. Your best bet would be to use a couple of point layers. One to
> draw the whole circle and another to draw just half of it. Then you can label each
> half. Here's an example image and mapfile:
>
>   http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/testing/charts/witteveen.png
>   http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/testing/charts/witteveen.map
Great! thank you for all the effort

> taking the offset into account correctly. Probably not a big deal in your case since I
> imagine the circles are the main attraction in the map.
Actually they are used to display additional information for a polygon
layer. This polygon layer represents parts of a city. For every part of
the city there different values apply. Think about the maximum height
which is allowed for buildings and the maximum height on which a gutter
may be placed.
The circles get important if you want information about a layer(the
people are used to have this information on their map's so it will be a
hard job talking them out of this idea ;) )

> I got a bit carried away with the drop shadows and outlines. Kinda wanted to see
> what was possible...
Thank you for the work and i can now make the thing working!

Below i have pased your code, so all future searches on this topic can
find the information also in the mail-archive. (next lines are owned by
Steve Lime <steve.lime at DNR.STATE.MN.US>)