Assistance please

Jon Lukes jlukes at SMPDD.COM
Fri Nov 18 17:17:53 EST 2005

I have been trying to figure this out all day.  I have mapserver set up on a
fedora server and I believe everything is installed properly because I can
get one of the Itasca Application(The DHTML rubber band box) working great.
I also have the USGS mapsurfer and it seems to be having the same problem.
Acoording to the Apache error log on all maps except one "File does not
exist: /directory/..."   I then checked my Apache access log where I
discovered on the one map that does work each request is "GET
/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/directory/...." for 3 requests and  "GET
/cgi-bin/mapserv?mode=..." for 3 requests and this page creates map
properly.  Whereas, on the pages that don't display the map properly the
first request is "GET /cgi-bin/mapserv?mode=browse&map=/directory/...." The
follow requests are "GET /directory/../filename..." and these requests cause
my error of "file does not exist".  My question is what is where might my
problem be coming from.  I have been trying to narrow it down but would
really appreciate any suggestions.  If more info is needed to debug please
let me know.

Thanks, jon