Multiple point symbols

Bob Basques bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Fri Sep 2 14:16:36 EDT 2005

this is going to sound wierd, but I want make a grid pattern of of
regularly space grid points.

I have points at equal distances that I want to make appear that they
are a girdded filled poly area.

Does that make any sense?   something like a checkerboard pattern but at
a pixel level to imitate a transparency.

I was just trying to pur two points into a symbol like so:

---------------------------
|            |            |
|            |      O     |
|            |            |
|------------|------------|
|            |            |
|      O     |            |
|            |            |

Just two points, The symbol would be 2 pixels by two pixels, or some
mutiple of this.  Then if I place two of these point side by side they
would look like a filled patern (a polygon fill) but still be plotted as
points.

points 0 0 END
points 1 1 END

But this doesn't work for a POINT Symbol.  It break when there are two
POINT vaules for a POINT symbol type.

bobb