php_mapscript; php_sprintf

Christian Schaffer christian.schaffer at MUENCHEN.DE
Wed Sep 21 06:13:04 EDT 2005

Hi Dave,
dear list,

thanks for the reply.
I called ldd against my mapserv binary as well as against the
php_mapscript.so and set the apache environment to include the
directories ldd gave back. Unfortunately no success - I still get the
same error message.

I didn´t find much about php_sprintf issues in other lists or in google,
so if there´s any other hint, I´d really appreciate it.

Since there have been some articles concerning the Opteron topic on the
list lately, I´d like to answer Dave´s question on the list, too:
In fact, it´s a Sun Fire V20z, which is a 1U box with up to two
Opterons. It´s by definition not one of the new Sun Galaxy boxes, but as
far as I could see, they are not too different. We´re running a bunch of
intranet web services on a HP DL585 (which is a 4U box with up to four
Opterons) for more than a year now. The Sun box is employed for
development and testing purposes, mainly. Personally, I´m more than
satisfied with the performance of both of them as well as with their
reliability.
For details, feel free to contact me off list. I´d be glad to share what
I´ve learned so far.

Thanks again for helping on my php_sprintf issue ;-)
Chris