routing

Till Adams adams at TERRESTRIS.DE
Wed Sep 21 06:29:51 EDT 2005

Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> We need to develop a simple routing map, based on MapInfo files (but we can
> esily switch to PostGIS if needed). Is there a MapServer tool for this?
> I have find something useful at http://imaptools.com/, but this does not seem
> to be free software (and we have to stick to GFOSS).
> Any hint would be appreciated.
> All the best.
> pc

Paolo,

there is a brillant postgres extension called "pgdijkstra" from
camp2camp. You need postgres 8.0. It delivers an algorythm for
calculating the shortest path - you also may alter this by other
attributes, because you are in the database.

It's a horror to get the first data into the db (I can help) - if once
done it is quite easy and afterwards it's easy to handle.

Till

--

Mit freundlichen Grüssen aus Bonn,

Till Adams

*  released: AmeiN! ArcMap-Export-2-UMN  *
*        LiveLinux 'WebGIS on CD'        *
*        http://www.terrestris.de        *

Dipl. Geogr. Till Adams
terrestris, H. Paulsen& T. Adams GbR
Siemensstr. 8 * 53121 Bonn
Tel.: 0228 962 899 52 * Fax.: 0228 962 899 57
info at terrestris.de * http://www.terrestris.de