Is ErMapper's IWS helpful with MapServer?

Tonkin, Bruce SRM:EX Bruce.Tonkin at GOV.BC.CA
Mon Sep 26 13:08:08 EDT 2005

Hi Carlo,

We use both Mapserver and Image Web Server, but do not integrate them. Using
the WMS protocol, we integrate the images served from both services into our
applications. Things to be cautions of when using Image Web Server include
the fact that IWS will not project your data. It will only serve data in one
projection. On the other hand, IWS is lightning fast.

The following url's may help you down the road.

My Sample application using MapServer and IWS. (Turn on May Layer, British
Columbia, TRIM Orthmosaic(1.5Tb Image) and refresh)
http://libcows.gov.bc.ca/imfows13/imf.jsp?site=test

The IWS Service Capabilities Document:
http://libcows.gov.bc.ca/ecwp/ecw_wms.dll?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&service=wm
Image /bcalbers/bc_bc_xb1m_bcalb_1995_2003.ecw is used in the application
above.

Thanks,

Bruce Tonkin
Information Management Branch
Corporate Services Division
3rd Floor, 395 Waterfront Crescent, Victoria, BC, Canada, V8W 9M3
Mail: PO Box 9364, Stn Prov Govt, Victoria BC  V8W 9M3
Phone: (250) 356-0108
Fax: (250) 387-1085