error during make (mac os x)

William Kyngesburye woklist at KYNGCHAOS.COM
Tue Jul 11 21:41:16 EDT 2006

It *should* be as simple as dropping these files into the mapserver
source folder (no need to have it built) and following the
instructions for building the Ruby mapscript.  I see two possible
problems:

- You would also have to install Postgres.  Or edit the mapscriptvars
file.

- Since you're new to all this, did you get SWIG installed somehow?
The Ruby mapscript readme says you need that.

Otherwise rebuilding MapServer from scratch + Graphics Libs and GIS
Libs works well enough also.

On Jul 11, 2006, at 8:06 PM, Andrew Wiens wrote:

> Thanks William,
>
> That worked wonderfully.
>
> Concerning the Ruby Mapscript, I wouldn't know where to start
> trying to build it from the mapscriptvars and libmap.a files.  I'm
> very new to the Mac environment and *nix environment in general.
>
> I had already built and installed the libraries required for
> Mapserver, but using your precompiled libraries sounds like a much
> more efficient solution so I'll be doing that in the future.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy