SHAPEPATH problems

Trond Michelsen trondmm-mapserver at CRUSADERS.NO
Wed Jul 12 16:26:40 EDT 2006

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 10:13:18AM -0700, Ryan Ollerenshaw wrote:
> I am having some problems accessing my shapefiles the below works:
> SHAPEPATH "../data/themis"
[...]
>  TILEINDEX "thm_dir.shp"

> but when i change it to:
> SHAPEPATH "../data"
[...]
>  TILEINDEX "themis/thm_dir.shp"

> all i get is a blank page.

I think this is because of the tileindex. The tileindex includes the
names of the real shapefiles, and if I remember correctly, these paths
are interpreted as being relative to SHAPEPATH, not as relative to the
location of your tileindex. So that means that mapserver finds your
tileindex, finds out which shapefiles to use, and starts looking for
them in ../data/, while they're actually in ../data/themis/

A possible fix would be to recreate the tileindex.

--
Trond Michelsen