Mapserver and Oracle

Daniel Goetz madprof at GMX.CH
Fri Jun 9 03:47:49 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a question concernig the visualisation of oracle spatial data via umn-mapserver.

I have installed the recent ms4w package on my computer. (c:\ms4w). I installed the oracle client (9i Release 2 Version) on drive d:\. The real database lies on an server in the intranet (not internet).

I read in the "Using Oracle Spatial Data with MapServer"-howto: "Make sure though your Mapserver is compiled against the same version as your Oracle client". My question is how can I check this?

I also read that when using oracle spatial data via the native support (without OGR) no FeatureInfo Requests are supported. Is this true?

Despite of that I tried the native support of oracle spatial data. In the "Using Oracle Spatial Data with MapServer"-howto I read, that I have to do some environmental settings in the Apache httpd.conf file. Is there a more precise despriction how to do that?

In the "vector data access" reference I read that "OGR must be compiled with Oracle Spatial support and MapServer must be compiled to use OGR". According to my understandig in the ms4w package OGR is compiled with oracle spatial support and mapserver should also be compiled to use OGR in the ms4w package. Am I right?

At last I want to send you a abridgement of my .map-file. Perhaps they are wrong:

LAYER
    NAME "RWG_TBL"
    STATUS ON
    TYPE POINT
    CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
    CONNECTION "gds_brwk2004_umn/umn at gds1prod"
    DATA "GEOM FROM RWG_TBL USING SRID 82032"
    DUMP TRUE
    CLASS
        NAME "RWG_TBL"
        STYLE
            OUTLINECOLOR 128 128 128
                    COLOR 225 225 185
        END
    END
END

Here the OGR Version

LAYER
        NAME "RWG_TBL"
        CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
        CONNECTION "OCI:gds_brwk2004_umn/umn at gds1prod"
        DATA "RWG_TBL"
        TYPE POINT
        STATUS ON
        CLASS
            NAME "Flaeche"
            STYLE
                 OUTLINECOLOR 128 128 128
                 COLOR 225 225 185
            END
        END
END

Many questions I can not answer by myself. It's really difficult for me. Would be very nice if anybody could help me. I would be very glad and thankful. Thank you very much.

Regards

Daniel Goetz