mapserver-4.10.0-rc1 and Java Mapscript

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 5 05:31:50 EDT 2006

Sorry for the breakage...

This was changed between rc1 and rc2 and is a side-effect of swig
requirements upgrade to at least 1.3.28 (recent swigs attempt to
introduce proper enum simulation in Java wrappers).
Constants are now in separate classes, one for each named enum (for
example MS_LAYER_TYPE and MS_SHAPE_TYPE). Anonymous enums are still in
mapscriptConstants.

There is a note about this in mapscript/java/README and in MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT.
You can revert to ol'good interface by uncommenting line 6 in javamodule.i.

HTH,
Umberto