Using CONNECTION and CONNECTIONTYPE

Pietro Giannini pgiannini at BYTEWISE.IT
Mon Oct 16 03:37:44 EDT 2006

Eric,

you can try two methods if you're using a simple cgi application:
change the mapfile parameters through a URL:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/cgi/controls (look the end of
document)
or use the runtime substitution:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/runsub
but limited to the CONNECTION parameter.

instead, via php and mapscript you can change the connection and
connectiontype properties of the layer object via the method
$layer->set(property_name, new_value).

regards
PG

On Ven, 13 Ottobre 2006 16:56, Eric Archuleta disse: