Query template + javascript?

Xiaopeng Xiong xpxiong at PURDUE.EDU
Mon Oct 16 16:30:49 EDT 2006

Okay, it is working now after some trials
What I did is to add both <script language = "javascript"> and </script> in each header, footer and template html, rather than split them in header and footer html ...

Regards,
Xiaopeng

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Xiaopeng Xiong
  To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
  Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 3:44 PM
  Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Query template + javascript?

  I tried to add javascript to query templates. But it stops working by even declaring to use javascript.

  As in the following example:

  -----Header.html-------

  <head></head>

  <script language = "javascript">  //* after adding this statement, the result page becomes empty

  document.write("Just hello");  //* this does not work neither...

  ----Template.html-------

  ----Footer.html------

  </script>

  It returns the query results correctly if the * statements are not inserted. But after adding the * statements, the result page becomes blank.

  Can anyone give a hint?

  Thanks,

  Xiaopeng