Java Mapscript with Japanese Encoding

Mario Basa mario.basa at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 7 06:55:25 EDT 2006

Umberto,

I finally got it to work now with Shift-JIS. It turns out that there
was something wrong with my environment (to get sjis recognized in
RHEL4, see this
http://www.mland.jp/~fedora/mlbbs/mlbbs.cgi?mode=res&mo=34&namber=34&space=0&page=0&no=0
).

Attached is a screenshot of QueryByAttribute sample application using
Kanji characters. It is kind of awkward to change LANG environment for
each encoding, but it works.

Thanks.

Mario.