Question: ArcGIS Server using PostgreSQL/PostGIS

Kenne, Bryon K. BKenne at ISO.COM
Wed Sep 20 11:09:27 EDT 2006

Does anybody know if it is possible to use ESRI's ArcGIS Server and
PostgreSQL/PostGIS together?  I guess the larger question is:  is it
possible to use PSQL as the spatial data repository of ESRI products
without the use of ESRI's ArcSDE.  Side Note:  I heard at the San Diego
ESRI Intl. User Conference that ESRI intends to support PostgreSQL
through ArcSDE sometime after their release of 9.2.

Bryon Kenne

ISO - Risk Decision Services
545 Washington Blvd. (18-12), Jersey City, NJ 07710-1686
* (201) 469-2525; FAX (201) 469-4123
* mailto:bkenne at iso.com <mailto:bkenne at iso.com>
Visit our web site at http://www.iso.com <http://www.iso.com/>