replace MAP extension with ASPX or ASP

Pascoe,Tim [Burlington] Tim.Pascoe at EC.GC.CA
Fri Sep 29 08:56:44 EDT 2006

William,

            I'm not sure, but think I know what is happening on the example you supplied, as I do the same thing. In order to suppress the path information normally visible in the browser address bar, the developer has implemented a simple ASP script which passes the mapserver arguments through. Below is the script I use, which I got from either this list, or one of the Mapserver support sites (can't remember, but I'm not taking credit....).

Hope this helps explain a bit, but I don't think it is actually what you want to do; I think you are looking to build the map file on the fly, correct?

<%

    Server.ScriptTimeout = 360

    Select Case Request.ServerVariables("REQUEST_METHOD")

      Case "GET"  strRequest = Request.QueryString

      Case "POST" strRequest = Request.Form

    End Select

    strURL = "http://web.address/mapserv.exe?map=C:\path\to\mapfile\map.map&" & strRequest

    Dim objHTTP

    Set objHTTP = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")

    objHTTP.open "GET", strURL, false

    objHTTP.send ""

    Response.ContentType = objHTTP.getResponseHeader("content-type")

    Response.BinaryWrite objHTTP.responseBody

    Set objHTTP = Nothing

%>

Timothy Pascoe
Environmental Systems Scientist

Environment Canada / Environnement Canada
Canada Centre for Inland Waters / Centre Canadien des Eaux Intérieures
867 Lakeshore Road / 867, chemin Lakeshore
Burlington, Ontario / Burlington (Ontario)
L7R 4A6

Tel/Tél: (905) 336-6239
Fax/Téléc: (905) 336-4699
E-mail/C. élec: tim.pascoe at ec.gc.ca <mailto:tim.pascoe at ec.gc.ca>
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada
This e-mail represents the opinions and views solely held by its author and in no manner may be considered as representing those of his/her employer.

  _____