replace MAP extension with ASPX or ASP

william paul williampaul28 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Sep 29 09:10:51 EDT 2006

Tim:
  Yes I want to build the map file on the fly using ASPX This way I can manage better some of the mapserver varibles

  Thank you for your answer

  William

"Pascoe,Tim [Burlington]" <Tim.Pascoe at ec.gc.ca> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                William,

              I’m not sure, but think I know what is happening on the example you supplied, as I do the same thing. In order to suppress the path information normally visible in the browser address bar, the developer has implemented a simple ASP script which passes the mapserver arguments through. Below is the script I use, which I got from either this list, or one of the Mapserver support sites (can’t remember, but I’m not taking credit
.).

  Hope this helps explain a bit, but I don’t think it is actually what you want to do; I think you are looking to build the map file on the fly, correct?

  <%
      Server.ScriptTimeout = 360

      Select Case Request.ServerVariables("REQUEST_METHOD")
        Case "GET"  strRequest = Request.QueryString
        Case "POST" strRequest = Request.Form
      End Select

      strURL = "http://web.address/mapserv.exe?map=C:\path\to\mapfile\map.map&" & strRequest

      Dim objHTTP
      Set objHTTP = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
      objHTTP.open "GET", strURL, false
      objHTTP.send ""
      Response.ContentType = objHTTP.getResponseHeader("content-type")
      Response.BinaryWrite objHTTP.responseBody
      Set objHTTP = Nothing
  %>
    Timothy Pascoe
Environmental Systems Scientist

Environment Canada / Environnement Canada
Canada Centre for Inland Waters / Centre Canadien des Eaux Intérieures
867 Lakeshore Road / 867, chemin Lakeshore
Burlington, Ontario / Burlington (Ontario)
L7R 4A6

Tel/Tél: (905) 336-6239
Fax/Téléc: (905) 336-4699
E-mail/C. élec: tim.pascoe at ec.gc.ca
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada
This e-mail represents the opinions and views solely held by its author and in no manner may be considered as representing those of his/her employer.