Identifying a projection

Trond Michelsen trondmm-mapserver at CRUSADERS.NO
Fri Sep 29 09:39:07 EDT 2006

Hi.

I know this is a longshot, but people here seems to know a lot more
about various projections than me, so I'm hoping someone here can help
me.

I have a GIS application that can generate images in the projection
seen in this image:

http://crusaders.no/~trondmm/sphericalrot.png

and I'm trying to combine this with output from mapserver. So I need
to define a proj definition that corresponds to this projection.

According to my documentation, the parameters for this projection is:

western boundary (degrees) (longitude for x=1).: -46.5
southern boundary (degrees) (latitude for y=1).: -36.5
longitude increment (degrees)..................: 0.5
latitude  increment (degrees)..................: 0.5
longitude position of rotated equator (degrees): 0
latitude  position of rotated equator (degrees): 65

(these can also be adjusted, if needed to fit better with proj)

In addition, the earth is a perfect sphere, with a radius of 6371km

In our software, this projection is called "spherical-rot", but I
can't find any projection in proj with a similar name.

So - does anyone know what this is, and where I should start to define
the proj equivialent?

--
Trond Michelsen