Mapfile and shape

Giacomo Sacchetti sacchetti at NEPERO.NET
Thu Apr 5 05:52:16 EDT 2007

Dear All,

I've posted a 	question two weeks ago, but I haven't received any
response. So, I'll try to explain better my situation.
I've "converted" a DWG file in several SHP file. Every layer of the
DWG is "well formed": this means that every layer have only one type
of entity (points, lines, ...). I've created a tool for this type of
convertions.
My problem is to assign pattern and color to the shape files.
I've thinked to insert informations about color and pattern in the DBF
associated to every SHP files: is possibile to force Mapserver
(through Mapfile) to read informations about color and patterns from
DBF file?

Thanks in advance

GS