mapscript java makefile dependency problem

Arkadi Shishlov arkadi at MEBIUS.LV
Fri Aug 3 10:52:33 EDT 2007

Currently I'm investigating random failures with MapScript Java throwing NoClassDefFoundError. And I
see the following in mapserver-4.10.2/mapscript/java/Makefile.in:

all: interface mapscript_so mapscript_java mapscript_jar
mapscript_java::
         $(JAVAC) edu/umn/gis/mapscript/*.java
mapscript_jar::
         $(JAR) cf mapscript.jar edu

In case parallel build is performed or make is evaluating targets in unspecified order the JAR file
might be created without all necessary .class files, right?