use of shp2tile and ogrtindex

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Aug 9 08:34:47 EDT 2007

Antonio wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using shp2tile to split my huge shapefile , after that I use
> ogrtindex to generate the tileindex.
> So in my map file in the layer definition I set the keyword TILEINDEX at
> this new tilendex shape just generated.
> This work fine for the layer with TYPE POLYGON but doesn't work with
> RASTER layer.
> Some one could tell me why?

Antonio,

What part of this process does not work for the raster layer?  Are you
suggesting that you are breaking your raster tileindex shapefile into
a bunch of smaller shapefile tiles and then trying to create a tileindex
for that (two layers of tileindex) for your raster layer?

I'd add that "doesn't work" isn't all that helpful.  Is there any sort
of error message?

Best regards,