qix files

Marcos Sánchez Provencio marcos at BURKE.ATH.CX
Thu Aug 9 08:37:35 EDT 2007

Now that I've seen how kind you are...

I get this warning I cannot ignore, since it comes up as an error:
IOError at /simif/wms/mapserv/
msSearchDiskTree(): Unable to access file. Unable to open spatial index
for /home/simif/src/simif/mapas/vardatos/PENINSULA_fc200708090001.4.shp.qix. In most cases you can safely ignore this message, otherwise check file names and permissions.

Can I ignore the message (with some kind of ignore warnings flag)? Can I
force it not to use qix file, no matter how slow it works?

Alternatively, I have a shx file (some kind of index too, I guess), can
I make it use that instead?

Also, if I generate the qix file, mapbuilder either does not find
PENINSULA_fc200708090001.4.shp (if i do not include .shp) or
PENINSULA_fc200708090001.4.qix (if i do include it). Funny :-P

Anything better than generating qix files and renaming them to .shp.qix?