use of shp2tile and ogrtindex

Antonio volpicelli at OATO.INAF.IT
Thu Aug 9 09:56:59 EDT 2007

Hi Frank,
You have right , "doesn't work" isn't much, here is what I did:
I have already a big shape file with a .dbf with the field "location"
that point the .tif images and others some columns of data.
So using
shpt2tile -q 4 -n 2 NGS54004L NGS54004smaller
it generate me a bunch of smaller shapefiles.
After that I used
ogrtinedx NewTileindex NGS54004smaller*
to generate a tileindex.
No error and all work fine so far.
I use NewTileindex in two map file. The first one is defined a layer
TYPE POLYGON and in the second one TYPE RASTER
The first one works fine , I can see what I saw before with the original
shapefile.
The second doesn't show me any images.

I don't know but probably I have to use gdaltindex to generate tileindex
for raster layers.
The only problem is that gdaltindex use a .tif images and then I lost
all the info stored in my previous .dbf file.

Ciao

Antonio

--
       PLEASE WARNING: E-mail is CHANGED