qix files

Gaston Izaguirre gizagui at FI.UBA.AR
Thu Aug 9 11:03:09 EDT 2007

Marcos,

Check your mapfile for the definition of your vector layer:
Shapefiles are native to MapServer, and therefore do not require the .shp
extension in the DATA path of the LAYER.

In fact, in order for MapServer to use the .qix extension you MUST NOT
specify the extension, for example:

LAYER
  DATA us_states    #MapServer will search for us_states.qix and will use it
END

LAYER
  DATA us_states.shp    #MapServer will search for us_states.shp.qix and
won't find it
END

Extracted from
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/utilityreference/shptree