customizing epsg codes

Wed Aug 15 12:48:14 EDT 2007

Sebastian Walter wrote:
> Thanks for your help. The problem here is that the WMS server I want to
> connect to expects me to ask for the IAU200:49xxx code, which my
> mapserver client doesn't let me sent.

Unfortunately the only SRS namespace that is currently supported is
EPSG:... so you only option at the moment is to create a EPSG:... code
and add the corresponding definition to your local
/usr/local/share/proj/epsg file as suggested by Gregor in his previous
reply.

FYI there is an open enhancement request to support arbitrary SRS
namespaces that still has not been addressed (and won't be in 5.0 since
it's too late):

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette