Color shifts using QUANTIZE_COLORS=256

Mon Dec 3 15:15:38 EST 2007

Rich,

Right! Sorry, I wasn't more explicit on that point. The way I have used
it is to create the file by grep COLOR mymapfile.map and edit that into
the palette files. this way the primary colors defined in my mapfile are
preallocated, so those do not shift. Then the rest of the color slots
are filled with the antialiased colors. There is probably a better way
of doing this so that the free slots are allocated across all the colors
based on some N number of slots per color, but we don't have a way to do
that yet. So the free slots are used on a first come, fist used basis.

-Steve W