libdapserver.so.2

Steve Smith ssteve52 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Dec 13 21:50:54 EST 2007

Since upgrading my server to Fedora 8, I have been having problems using mapserver. I know get a mapserver error, in the httpd log, informing me that the library libdapserver.so.2 can not be found. I checked and this file does not exist on my system. I have a more recent version of libdapserver.so. However, I was not aware that mapserver used this library.  I recompiled mapserver, without errors, but still get the above error. I also recompile gdal, without errors, but still get the above error. How does Mapserver or related software (gdal) use libdapserver.so.2, and how do you configure them to use a more recent version?

Thanks
Jim