mapserver update

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 19 03:47:52 EST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 9:36 AM, R. Ortner
<reinhard.ortner at edu.fh-kaernten.ac.at> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Mapserver 4.10 installed and tried to install the mapserver 5.0.0.
>
> I´ve configured the mapserver with
>

> ./configure --with-ogr=/usr/bin/gdal-config --with-wfs --with-proj
> --with-postgis --with-gdal --with-geos --with-wmsclient --with-wcs
> --with-sos --with-php=/usr/include/php/main/ --with-threads
>
> and then executed the make command.
> after copying the mapserv file to my cgi-bin folder where the old one (from
> mapserver 4) was I thougtt that I now have mapserver 5 installed, but when I

In fact now you have the *CGI* version of mapserver installed. But
since you use php mapscript you need to configure, compile and install
php mapscript.
You should be able to do that just by:

mapserver-5-source$ cd mapscript/php3
mapserver-5-source$ make

and then replace with the new php_*.so the old ones picked up in php.ini

HTH,
Umberto