Required/Optional Parameters of a GetMap-Request

Sat Jan 20 13:25:57 EST 2007

Kai Behncke wrote:

> What I don`t understand:
> In the WMS Implementation Specification (page 33)
> it is written, that for example parameters like width, height, format,
> bounding_box, srs are required (and not optional).
>
> In my GetMap-Request I have not set them.
> Why do I anymay get a map?

That's because MapServer is not very strict on requiring those
parameters and when they are not specified then it uses some default
values from the mapfile. If you are implementing a client then you
should not rely on those default values and should always provide all
the 'required' parameters.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette