Building PHP Mapscript

Tue Jul 17 08:45:39 EDT 2007

R. P. wrote:
> Not sure about this, but ir your are using yum, the php default install
> may not include the header files. Instead, you need to install the
> development version of php. Something like php-devel(??) and that will
> give you the header files. I think this holds true for other yum installs
> as well.
> Rob

Bill,

Gregor and Rob are both right. You can point --with-php=DIR either to
the original source tree that was used to compile PHP or to the install
directory where the PHP header files are installed by the php-devel
package or equivalent (e.g. /usr).

Basically what MapServer's configure script needs is the location of the
PHP header files that were used to compile your PHP installation.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/