labels truncated at 256 chars

Thu May 24 00:47:41 EDT 2007

I created a quick test case using inline features and can render more than 256 chars, 322 in my example. Must be a data driver issue. What data source are you using? With shapefiles I thought the limit in a single column was 256 chars.

Steve

>>> Steve Lime <Steve.Lime at DNR.STATE.MN.US> 05/23/07 5:49 PM >>>
I didn't think this was a limitation, lemme check and reply back...

Steve

>>> Francesco Sozzi <fsozzi at INTERCAD.CH> 05/23/07 7:20 AM >>>
Hi All,

Anybody has a workaround to display labels longer than 256 chars?
Or may be any suggestions on where to modify mapserver code?

Best regards

Francesco