wfs geometry property element order

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Wed Oct 17 11:59:31 EDT 2007

Peter,

Not that I know of.  You could (could) run the process through a WxS process, but that would be a bit of work.  Or you could try re-ordering your application schema's elements.

Out of interest. why did you want to do this?  To adhere to an app schema?

..Tom

________________________________

From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of Rushforth, Peter
Sent: Wed 17-Oct-07 10:05
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] wfs geometry property element order

Hi,

We are trying to follow an application schema with the mapserver
wfs component.  Our source is shapefiles.  We can re-order property
elements simply by reordering the columns in the shapefile, but
because the SHAPE column is always first in the shapefile, we can't
re-order the geometry property to where we want it according to
the schema.  Is there a workaround for this problem?

Thanks,

Peter Rushforth
Technology Advisor / Conseiller technique
GeoConnections / GéoConnexions
650-615 Booth St. / rue Booth
Ottawa ON K1A 0E9
E-mail / Courriel: Peter.Rushforth at NRCan.gc.ca
Phone / Télephone: (613) 943-0784
Fax / telecopier:  (613) 947-2410