[mapserver-users] Layer always turn on (not possible to activate/deactivate)

Emilio Ponce yosoycore at gmail.com
Wed May 7 13:34:37 EDT 2008

Hi everyone, here's a newbie question:

I'm using mapserver with ka-map and I have different layers in a unique
mapfile. I want to set ONE of this layers always visible, without
possibility to turn off (deactivate) it. For this purpose I thought the
STATUS tag on this LAYER was the solution: Status DEFAULT to turn on this
layer permanently... but it didn't work.

This is the code of the always-turn-on layer:

LAYER
        NAME "ambits"
        METADATA
            "DESCRIPTION" "Ámbitos catalanes"
        END
        GROUP "BASE"
        TYPE LINE
        STATUS DEFAULT
        CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
        CONNECTION "host=*** dbname=*** user=*** password=*** port=5432
options='-c client_encoding=LATIN1'"
        DATA "the_geom from car_aft_line"
        CLASS
            NAME 'Ambits'
            COLOR 143 143 143
        END
    END

With this code I can turn on/turn off this layer... so what's the problem?
(the other layers seems to behave properly well)

Thanks a lot!

--
Emilio