[mapserver-users] testing mapserver large files rendering improvements

Jeff McKenna jeffmckenna at gmail.com
Thu May 15 09:46:23 EDT 2008

Hello, comments inline below:

yes: http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-dev/2008-April/007170.html

> By the way, I noticed that it doesn't seem mandatory anymore to
> write the mapfile's DATA statement without the .shp extension to
> make use of the .qix file, as the results are strictly identical on
> mapserver trunk if I write "streets.shp" or "streets". Can someone
> confirm that ?

Confirmed.  This was fixed recently (ticket: http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/590)
, verified, and documentation was updated.  Therefore the next release
of MapServer will no longer require you to omit the '.shp' for the
DATA parameter for .qix use.

-jeff