[mapserver-users] testing mapserver large files rendering improvements

Guillaume Sueur guillaume.sueur at neogeo-online.net
Thu May 15 10:09:47 EDT 2008

Thanks for theses informations Jeff.
I'd like to suggest to emphasis the need of a .qix file a little bit
more in the mapserver documentation. It's only explained in 'Utility
Programs' Section and 'Optimizing vector data sources' doc, but the huge
benefit of it (25 x faster in this case, but still 5x on small shapes)
is not, IMHO, mentionned enough to make people use it on every shapefile.

Regards,

Guillaume