[mapserver-users] Mapserver and OpenDAP

Arjen de Korte arjendk at gmx.net
Mon May 19 09:47:21 EDT 2008

Hi Mapserver users,

I would like to display OpenDAP data (from a remote OpenDAP server) on a
map using UMN Mapserver. If I understand correctly, the GDAL driver
supports OpenDAP.

I have checked the formats that my GDAL supports by running the gdalinfo
tool. ("gdalinfo --formats".) It lists NetCDF but not OpenDAP/DODS. Just
to make sure, does this indeed mean I do not have support for OpenDAP in
my Mapserver installation? I'm using MS4W 2.2.6.

What would be the best way of getting this to work? Would this mean I
have to recompile Mapserver? Or is it possible to just recompile the
GDAL driver?

Any tips on recompiling on Windows (if necessary) or on using OpenDAP
with Mapserver would be very welcome, since I have no experience with
it.

Best regards,

Arjen de Korte.