[mapserver-users] CGI variable substitution

Stephen Davies sdc at sdc.com.au
Wed May 28 21:51:29 EDT 2008

I have been using variable substitution for ages without any problems at all
but now need to make a change to add a new variable.

I just cannot make it work.
Presumably, I am doing something stupid but I cannot see what.
Can anybody please help.

My URL looks like this:
http://www.agua.com.au/benparts/map.html?map=/tmp/11_70.map&client=70&mapext=140.5261724+-36.7067416+140.5485957+-36.6984975
&mre=-1296538.11+-4230140.65+62672.87+-2872042.86&pfilter=pid+in+(select+probe.id+from+probe+where+logger_id+in+(select+id+from+logger+where+client_id=70))

(plus a deal more filter definitions).

My map file looks like this:

    LAYER
      CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
      NAME "probe"
      DATA "geom from atp using unique id using SRID=4283"
      CONNECTION "user=scldad dbname=benparts"
      PROCESSING      "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
      STATUS ON
      TYPE POINT
      FILTER  (%pfilter%)
      PROJECTION
        "init=epsg:4283"
      END
      MAXSCALE 5000000
      LABELITEM "temp"
      CLASS
        NAME       "Air Temp (Right Click to select)"
        STYLE
          COLOR        255 255 0
          SYMBOL 'circle'
          SIZE 7
        END
        LABEL
          MINDISTANCE 15
          POSITION CR
          SIZE SMALL
          BACKGROUNDCOLOR  0 0 0
          COLOR  255 255 0
          FORCE TRUE
        END
      END
    END

This works as I expect.

I now want to add a new filter by adding:

&ffilter=blah_blah to the URL

and a new layer with the same syntax as above (but with the new filter) to the
map file.

Despite trying a number of variations on the theme, my PostgreSQL log still
shows a generated command that included %ffilter% instead of the substitution
value.

TIA,
Stephen Davies
This email is for the person(s) identified above, and is confidential to
the sender and the person(s).  No one else is authorised to use or
disseminate this email or its contents.

Stephen Davies Consulting                            Voice: 08-8177 1595
Adelaide, South Australia.                             Fax: 08-8177 0133
Computing & Network solutions.                       Mobile:0403 0405 83