[mapserver-users] How can I do a SQL text comparison in a mapfile?

Travis Kirstine traviskirstine at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 14:45:28 EST 2009

The following line does not work and I think it has something to do
with the single quotes.  When I use double quotes Postgres thinks I'm
referring to a column name.  Is there a way to escape the single
quotes?
DATA "geom from (select id as oid, geom from some_table where
some_field = 'some_string') as myquery using SRID=-1"

The following line works because I'm doing a numeric comparison.
DATA "geom from (select id as oid, geom from some_table where
some_field_number = 99) as myquery using SRID=-1"

--
Travis K.

Toronto, Canada