[mapserver-users] MapServer with RHEL5

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Tue Feb 24 03:45:15 EST 2009

Hi guys,

we're using MapServer 5.2 with RedHat Enterprise Linux 5, Update 3. The
necessary packages (like gdal) are inserted from Fedora Core 6. That
works but the packages are somewhat outdated. So I tried to use those
from the EPEL channel instead but without success. After compiling MS it
segfaults because of the same problem discussed earlier on the list with
a conflict between librx headers and libraries (the segfault can be
avoided adding some bytes to sizeof(regex_t) in ms_regcomp() but with
the effect of ms_regexec() returning wrong results).
The servers are fed by a satellite server and have no direct access to a
separate repo. So does anyone use MS with RHEL5 and has a nice solution
for that? My personal solution would be to use Debian as on my test
server (where I never had problems compiling and using MS) but that's
not an option for the productive systems here :(

Regards,
Andreas Eichner