[mapserver-users] GeoJSON output from MapServer

Dejan.Gambin at pula.hr Dejan.Gambin at pula.hr
Wed Jul 1 16:11:36 EDT 2009

Steve,

Here are more details, I am sure you'll have some further suggestions:

There is a project called GeoReport, part of GeoBI suite, that integrates
the data coming from Business Intelligence processes (Pentaho BI) with
their cartographic representation. Since I am pretty much involved in both
areas (WebGIS, BI), this seems very interesting to me, although I first
saw it yesterday :-(

Here are the main informations about GeoReport:
http://www.geobi.org/2009/01/georeport-module.html

As I can see, basically, there is a MapOL module that runs BI process in
order to get resultset, join it with geometries coming from GeoServer
(WFS) and returns GeoJSON data to WebGIS client (MapFish and OpenLayers +
Geostat widgets) which displays it on the map.

I have been in contact with Fabio (he is "responsible" for all this).
Based on what he said, I understood (maybe wrongly) that WFS server needs
to return GeoJSON, and GeoServer can do it. Now, as I write this to you,
it seems like MapOL is responsible for creating GeoJSON data ?!

Anyway, I am new to this almost as you and if you can take a look on above
link, I would appreciate it very much. I "only" want to use MapServer
instead of GeoServer. If I can't do it, then I'll rather do nothing as I
have no intentions to use anything but MapServer :-)

thanks very much

regards, dejan