[mapserver-users] duplicate labels

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Thu Jul 23 11:17:42 EDT 2009

> Lars Lingner wrote:
>> One last thought: Do you have this problem just with the layer
>> "annotate_pin"? Does the labeling of other layers work as you expect?
>
> Hum... good question.  I'll try it Monday when I get back to work.
> Thanks for the help on this.
>
> -Andy

Ok, took longer than I thought to get back to this, but I've tried it
with the roads layer and still cannot adjust the distance between labels.

here is a screen shot:

http://maps.camavision.com/map2.png

I've changed MINDISTANCE from 9 to 900000, and the image stays the
same... the labels don't move.

If I set the layer.sizeunits to feet, then the font size scales with the
image as I zoom in and out... I assume the font size is being set to 7
feet instead of 7 pixels?  (I have label.size = 7).  But still, the
mindistance seems to make no difference.

Also, some of the labels are being messed up, in the screen shot you can
see it.  And the road didnt get draw right either.

hum... it occurs to me... I dont know how many different lines were used
to draw 110th st.  If they used multiple lines, would I get a label for
each line?  Casper seemed to get one label.

-Andy