[mapserver-users] Prevalence of the use of queryfiles...

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Mar 17 01:20:21 EDT 2009

We may need to consider caching to a shapefile or something like that. You'd
be free then to reference that file as a layer. Slinging ids around is another idea
I've used with OpenLayers. You pass the id into a "selection layer" by changing
an expression on-the-fly and in that case you'd have full symbology control. A
shapefile cache would work similarly but you'd swap the DATA...

Steve

>>> BrainDrain <paulborodaev at gmail.com> 03/16/09 4:39 AM >>>

I need queryfiles to persist query results (serialize to string/binary method
wanted!) as a part of whole map 'state'. But I need more convenient, handy
way to configure style of queried (selected) features. Style section to
setup {border (color, line pattern, transparency), filling (color, fill
pattern, transparency), maybe some symbolization} instead of just highlight
color. It will be very useful (currently I need to dump query results into
some temp table in spatial db - which has a spec. layer section (sections -
for each feature type) in map file). For. ex. if my 'selection' is small - I
can highlight it with vector features (good looking and fast, flexible
styling!, no raster (all tiles! - can't decide which tile to redraw for
general queries) data requests and redrawing - in OpenLayers), but when
selection is big - I need to highlight it on server and re-request map
tiles.