[mapserver-users] Re: Upgrading 5.2 -> 5.4 generating CGI error on IIS(5.1 and 6.0) ... Possible BUG?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri May 29 11:20:41 EDT 2009

Paul james wrote:
> Just some more information about the problem...
> The error was generated by IIS (5.1 and 6.0) ... Looking the Logfile, It
> is a 502 error :
>
> *502* - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a
> gateway or proxy.
>
>     *502.1* - CGI application timeout.
>     *502.2* - Error in CGI application.
>
> It only happens with Mapserver 5.4 ... With 5.2 version, thats 100%
> working...

Where did you get your binaries? Are you using MS4W?

This may be a sign of a problem with your build or bug in MapServer, but
we'd need a testcase to reproduce it in order to help. I tried just

loadReferenceMap(): General error message. No image defined for the
reference map.

I don't know if that's an indication of the problem, but anyway, if the
502 error persists you could try to package a small testcase (mapfile +
data + test url) that can be used to reproduce the issue and file a ticket.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/