[mapserver-users] long-running postgres queries initiated by mapserver

mattmendick matt.mendick at pictometry.com
Tue Dec 21 09:48:19 EST 2010

Hi All-

I'm running mapserver 5.6.3 under centos 5.4, using fastcgi. I'm using
postgres as the data storage container, and mapserver is primarily serving
WFS requests.  Sometimes, people do WFS queries that take a very long time
(searching for "virginia" on a nation-wide layer) and eventually postgres
will return with the result after a long time (hours later), however the
client has cancelled the WFS request.  Is there any way for mapserver to
know that the client has cancelled the http request, and it can therefore
stop the DB query to postgres?  I tried using persistent and non-persistent
connections with this:

PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"

but that didn't change the behavior.

Thanks a lot!