[mapserver-users] Re: postgres fulltext search

mattmendick matt.mendick at pictometry.com
Wed May 5 12:25:45 EDT 2010

Andy-

Thanks a ton for taking a look at this for me. In looking around some more
talking about variable substitution, I found that I can do a FILTER like you
mentioned in the layer section of the mapfile. I could do a:

FILTER "city @@ ts_vector('%mycitysearch%')"

and then in the mapserver request url, add a &mycitysearch=new york, this
will work (I tried it using FILTER "city = '%mycitysearch%'", and it worked
perfectly. I don't have the full-text set up yet on my server, but i've done
it in the past.)  It's too bad I can't do it with the normal PropertyIsLike
syntax, but it seems that if I wanted to hack up the code for our own
installation, I could replace the sql building code with my own.

Thanks very much for your help, you've answered a lot of my questions!

-Matt