[mapserver-users] Rendering Problem

Ibrahim Saricicek ibrahimsaricicek at gmail.com
Tue May 18 05:03:25 EDT 2010

Dear All,

This is my Debian Lenny 64-bit server Mapserver version;

MapServer version 5.4.2 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS
INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=MYGIS
INPUT=SHAPEFILE

This is my Windows 7 64-bit local Mapserver version;

MapServer version 5.4.0-rc2 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS
SUPPORTS=GEOS SUPPORTS=RGBA_PNG INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

This is my class definition in Map file;

  CLASS
    NAME "SAGLIK"
    MAXSCALEDENOM 13000
    EXPRESSION (('[tipi_eng]' = 'HASTANE'))
    STYLE
				SYMBOL 'hospital_img'
				SIZE 27
			END
    LABEL
				COLOR 220 25 35
				FONT calibri-bold
				TYPE truetype
				SIZE 8
				POSITION LC
				PARTIALS FALSE
				OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
				ALIGN CENTER
			        WRAP ' '
				BUFFER 3
				PRIORITY 10
				ANTIALIAS TRUE
			END
  END

And this is the output file rendering definition in Map file;

OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME PNG
  DRIVER "GD/PNG"
  MIMETYPE "image/PNG"
  IMAGEMODE RGB
  EXTENSION "PNG"
  TRANSPARENT ON
  FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=OFF"
  FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_COLORS=256"
  FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_FORCE=ON"
END

And the differences of result can be seen on the image... Why on Linux
letters are adjacent? http://n2.nabble.com/file/n5069072/hybrid.jpg

Note:I don't want to use Agg rendering, it doesn't give the result that I
want !!!