[mapserver-users] multiline label and two problems(different font sizes, avoid overlapping)

cris oanacristina22 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 03:18:19 EDT 2010

Hi there!

I am trying to obtain a multi-line label , by concatenating two fields
([name 1],[name2]) from a point shapefile . This was obtained by using TEXT
([name 1]=[name2]), "=" being my wrapping character and using FORCE OFF and
POSITION set to AUTO to avoid overlapping. The beauty comes when I try to
get different font sizes for the two lines.
I stopped concatenating fields with TEXT and just labeled the  same point
twice with an OFFSET to get my 2-line label with different font sizes. The
problem this time is that these labels are set to FORCE OFF to avoid massive
cramming (POSITION was set to CC). Therefore, sometimes just [name1] is
displayed and sometimes just [name2], rarely the two together. If I change
them to FORCE ON, the labels are badly overlapping

So how could I solve this problem of having a 2-line label from a point
shapefile, lines with different font sizes and avoid overlapping, having the
same items displayed?
Any ideas are much appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Cris