[mapserver-users] overriding the color in mapfile

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Nov 9 00:41:07 EST 2010

On 10-11-09 10:04 AM, Mukesh Subedee wrote:
> I have a simple mapfile with a layer and I want to override its color
> setting based on the different regions (polygons) in the shp file. e.g.
> my countries.shp is the shape file of the world with column 'name' as
> list of countries in dbf file. i want to change the color of the country
> polygon based on user's input (country name) as CGI request variable. I
> am confused how can I pass the CGI request in mapfile. It would be great
> if anyone wants to share a portion of mapfile where I have to pass the
> form element as the user option.

Hello,

You should be able to modify the mapfile parameters through the CGI
interface, as documented at:
http://www.mapserver.org/cgi/controls.html#changing-map-file-parameters-via-a-form-or-a-url

Hopefully those notes help you a little.  For more help you can also do
a quick search in the email list's archives for your issue (such as:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/mapfile-text-modification-via-URL-td5456853.html#a5456853)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna