[mapserver-users] GEOMTRANSFORM LABELPNT example

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Dec 11 12:57:28 EST 2011

On 11-12-11 11:20 AM, Ian Walberg wrote:
> Here is the map file we are using ms4w 3.0.3.
>
> We thought the larger grey circle should be drawn in the center of the
> label text.
>
> What have we done wrong?

I have done some testing on this on Windows, with MapServer trunk
(6.1-dev), here are my findings:

- I used Brent's original example styles (from
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/GEOMTRANSFORM-labelpnt-location-td6408065.html)
with Ian's FEATURE layer --> Brent's "Blue Dot" LABELPNT with POSITION
CC is now correctly placed in the center of the label text (so it seems
this has been fixed in the code, but I can't find the ticket that says that)
- If I change to POSITION LR (as in Ian's example layer) then I get
Ian's issue (LABELPNT is placed at the geometry location, not in the
center of the label text
- but this is now an issue of understanding the developer's logic (from
that thread SteveL says "Let me ponder this and get back to you. I think
it makes sense to use the label point geotransform only with position CC
so that it matches actual shape location.")

That's all I know at this point (ha pun).

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/