[mapserver-users] Problem using mapserver with WCS

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jun 10 09:02:24 EDT 2011

On 11-06-09 11:58 PM, Virginia Maffei wrote:
> Thanks Frank, i dropped the map= from the url but now it throws an error that i
> dont understand:
> msWCSGetCoverageMetadata(): WCS server error. Unable to determine the SRS for
> this layer, no projection defined and no metadata available.
>
> Do you have any idea whats the problem i'm having? the mapfile is the same one.

Virginia,

I notice you do not have any PROJECTION blocks or SRS service metadata at
the layer or map level.  I would suggest you re-review the WCS documentation.

You might want to use the following as an example of a fairly
minimalist WCS service mapfile (ignore all the request comments at
the start - these are part of the autotest).

   http://svn.osgeo.org/mapserver/trunk/msautotest/wxs/wcs_simple.map

Best regards,